Wednesday, April 15, 2009

He's Still Got It At 78!






April 9th was a new chapter in our family life. Mike's dad married his new sweetheart, Francis Monson. Dick has been alone for 3 years since Jane passed away. He was so sad and lonely, we all could hardly bare it. He met Fran a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure she was made from the female mold of him! They have so much in common and have been having a great time together traveling. We love her and are so thankful she has brought LIGHT and LIFE to Dick. They had a great wedding at The Tuscany restaurant. The ceremony and vows were performed by Fran's bishop. She has 5 children and Dick has 4. All were able to attend including many grandchildren. It was a pleasure to meet them all and we enjoyed getting to know each other. I left Eli home with my Aunti Ardy (thanks Ardy!) because I wanted to enjoy the night without chasing after him. I was able to take pictures but Dick wanted them done with a 35mm camera. He does not own a computer...he wants the tangible negatives! I did snap a few, mostly of the kids. I hope to get the other ones on a CD to transfer. Although it is ALWAYS hard to see a parent re-marry, we are grateful for the happiness Fran has brought to Dick's life. We are a little saddened that we don't get to feed him every Sunday. The kids miss him when he does not come! We are also grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ and his plan for Eternal Families. We know that Dick will be reunited with Jane in the Eternities to live "ever after" as well as Fran and her sweet husband, Bob. I am so grateful for the constant love and support my darling husband gives me! He has been a true "ROCK" and "TROOPER" for his dad...I admire him greatly!

No comments: