Thursday, April 16, 2009

Eli Is Sooo Full of It!


I have a word that I use to describe funny, cute, and crazy things my kids say..."FUNNYISMS". (Yes, it's a made up word, check the dictionary) I wanted to post some recent funnyisms from Eli, so I will always remember just how CRAZY he is!

One evening, Mike was getting Eli ready for bed...the usual PJ scenerio. I don't know if being half naked or what reminded him, but he turned to mike, pointing at his chest area, "Daddy, Carlos' Mom has a BUM right here." Mike said he about DIED laughing...I could not believe he was observing clevage at such a young age...or could I? The next time I took him to preschool I scoped out Carlos' MOM. Sure enough when she got out of the car, she had a low-cut shirt on (she was also quite heavy) with a BUM...I mean, clevage hanging out all over!

For those who know me, you know I am a HUGE health fanatic. We eat Organic. I prepare all our meals homemade. Lots of veggies, whole grains, foods in their whole. Anyhow, I usually make 5-6 loaves of whole wheat and grain bread a week. It is hearty stuff. For Easter, I made a breakfast casserole that requires store-bought white bread as an ingredient. The casserole won't turn out right if you don't. There was some left-over bread that the kids were making toast out of one morning. Eli saw this and he said, "I want some of that FAKE bread for toast!" We all laughed hard at this outburst! That's my boy!

My final (but not last, I'm sure) funnyism happened today on the way to preschool. He had to wear his "church socks" because the other socks were dirty. He hates them and we are lucky to get them on for Sundays. He sat in the car grunting and complaining at the way his shoes felt. Suddenly he screamed out, "these socks are ruinning my life!" I think I know how he feels....

1 comment:

The Gatherum Clan! said...

So fun to find your blog! It was fun to see you when I was in town. I love your funnyisms. Don't kids say the darndest things?! Your kids are so old!! They are so beautiful too!