Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Christmas 2010

Christmas is always so HECTIC!  Why...why do I let it get so out of control each year.  There is so much to do and buy and go to!  I love it!  My kids are starting to get older and I am pretty sure Eli (and Mike) is the only one who still believes there is a Santa.  It makes me slightly sad...
When the kids were little, we use to track back and forth to both grandparent's home.  It was stressful and taxing.  Mike and I usually ended up arguing Christmas Eve because we had ALWAYS offended one or anothers mother.  It's just how it is at Christmas when you are trying to spend time with everyone!  After Jane passed away, we started having Christmas at home, just our family.  I like it this way so much better.  I think the kids love to stay home and enjoy their goodies.  Everything is low-key and much less stressful.  I hope I can remember this as a grandma.  I'm trying to do this as a mom!  Cutting back this year and enjoying the moment.  Taking things slow when I can.  Taking days off to do nothing.

Baking neighbor gifts!



Pat and Ardy stopped by to join in!





Kelly and Natalie from Kentucky.




I can't wait to put all 860 pieces of that together!





the Nativity


The Shepard


A Wise-woman


Mary

Joseph



Yes, our dog Leo played baby Jesus, sacrilegious I know...don't judge!




Tired parents!


My favorite part of the day when everything is quiet, lights are low, kids are asleep waiting for Santa to come!





Anxious kids waiting Christmas morning!



Grandpa Dick is thinking of starting up a Band...


No comments: