Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Mother's Guilt Day




I'm not a huge fan of celebrating Mother's Day...but who really is? Generations of mothers in my family have shunned the SPECIAL day. It's not a day to celebrate you as a mother, rather a day to feel guilty for the terrible mother you are. Oh the GUILT. Who wants to be reminded of that?

This year the husband reminded me to just enjoy the day, celebrate it for the kids sake. I decided to take this to heart, I know I can do this. I got together with some cousins of mine and we planned a breakfast and pedicure date with our mothers to honor them (and ourselves of course..oh there's the guilt in doing that). We went to the Grand America for brunch and then we all soaked our footies for awhile and had them painted so cute!

Mother's day was also awesome, thanks to the kiddies! They had a "Mother's Day Spa" all set up for me! I got a foot soak, nails painted, and a leg rub from Ellie and Mikail. Gabe and Eli rubbed my back and arms. They had candles and perfume sprayed into the air. I even received chocolate, nuts, fruit, and lime water! After that ROYAL treatment, I was instructed to lie on the bed while all 4 KIDDOS gave me a massage..it was wonderful, but a touch hard to breathe! How could I possibly feel guilty for raising them wrong after treatment like this? They, and Mike, topped the morning off by making me a "wheat/gluten free" breakfast of pancakes, sausage, and strawberries! I think I am breaking the "shunning" chain! Bring on MOTHERHOOD again!

No comments: